Maintaining a safe distance
Backlash-free torque transmission over long distances
Floating shafts, or intermediate shaft couplings, are designed for applications with large physical distance between the input and output components. Zero-Max’s backlash-free and torsionally stiff driveshafts offer excellent shaft misalignment capacity, low reaction loads on attachments and can be manufactured in any desired length. Especially in terms of shaft misalignment compensation, Zero-Max 6F spacer couplings allow for a significantly higher misalignment capacity (compensation of shaft misalignments) than classic cardan shafts in metal bellows or disc design.
The high torsional stiffness combined with the ability to compensate for large shaft misalignments makes composite disc spacer couplings ideal for highly demanding applications, such as reverse mode applications.
• High torsional stiffness ensures high-precision operation.
• Chemical resistance coupled with electrically insulating properties
• Low reaction forces
• Very high shaft misalignment capacity
• Angle up to 3° – Axial up to 7.6 mm – Parallel offset 22mm/meter (DBSE)
• Adaptable to exact length requirements (total length up to 4500 mm possible)
• Stainless steel, steel and aluminum versions available
• Special or customized designs possible
For more technical information, please visit: